Welcome to Through Prose Tinted Pages
Hello. I’m Vanessa, a twenty-something living in the States. I’m an avid reader, amateur photographer, and writer. When I’m not reading, I can be found consuming copious amounts of ice cream. I prefer reading fantasy, science fiction, and diverse contemporary YA fiction! But I enjoy reading literary fiction, historical fiction, and memoirs as well. I can easily pin point the Harry Potter series for encouraging my readership. I believe seeing a woman write a seven book series that became a large and influential movie franchise made me believe that I, too, could be destined for something. I’m not sure the impact would have been the same had J.K. Rowling been a man. Thank you for checking out my blog + Happy Reading!
❦ I was born in Canada but I’ve lived in the US pretty much my whole life ❦ I’ve set foot in seven countries total so far ❦ I have an INFP personality ❦ I’m an adventurous introvert ❦ My Disney Princess twin is Belle ❦ My favorite book of all time is Red Rising by Pierce Brown ❦ I drink my coffee black like a weirdo ❦ I have a dog named Luna. Yes, like Luna Lovegood ❦ I love dark chocolate, red wine, and coffee flavors ❦ I’m married and my husband’s House is Slytherin. I’m in Ravenclaw. Together we make a great team.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides