Reviews: The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery (4 stars) | Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson (1.5 stars)| A Girl Like That by Tanaz Bhathena (4 stars) | Golden Son by Pierce Brown (5 stars) | Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (5 stars)
- Series I Want To Start But Haven’t Yet
- 7 Bookish Facts About Me
- Bookish Items in Every Sub Box (including my least favs)
Around the Blogosphere
- Why I Love Dystopian on Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- Hogwarts House Book Recommendations – I love posts like these!
- Genre Talk: Magical Realism and why Ali doesn’t like it.
- Author Q + A with Ben Alderson (The Dragori series) on A Page With a View
- I will be doing a rewrite of one of my WIPs, but instead I will be handwriting it. I think this is the first time I’ve actually chosen to rewrite something. This will be exciting.
- Avengers: Infinity War comes out this month (April)!!!
- I probably won’t be buying any books this month because many of my highly anticipated releases come out in May a.k.a my birthday month. Any April releases coming out I’ll have to wait for.
- I cancelled my Amazon Prime membership. I don’t watch enough shows, listen to enough music, or use all of the benefit to justice the price. The new $12.99 Prime membership monthly cost could be used on a more books. There is an annual fee of $99 but I don’t have that kind of money to drop just for free shipping.
- I finally went to the mountains mid-March and it was BEAUTIFUL as ever.
- I’ve been doing a re-watch of The Vampire Diaries. At first I thought I was going to HATE it, but I enjoy the show for the friendships, mythology, folklore, and suspense. What I DO NOT like is Damon and Elena together. I can’t believe this show killed off some of its best characters just for them to have happily ever after. The epic love thing was cute for a few seasons, but honestly, after Alaric, Bonnie, The Originals, and Enzo came on the scene I couldn’t care less about the love triangle.
This month wasn’t particularly eventful. I did catch a cold, so I got slowed down a little. April is NEW BEGINNING. It’s actually Spring outside. I have projects to work on, resumes to work on, and other little things. This month is going to be busy, busy, busy. My main goals are pretty consistent with the past few months: Read. Write. That’s it!
I hope everyone had a lovely April 1st in whatever way yesterday means for you!
Happy Reading Month!