There are so many YA fantasy books, but then I’ll read the summary and reviews and it’s the same plot over and over again.
- Girl has powers, usually with fire. Girl must hide abilities. Girl exposes abilities either out of choice or accident.
- Kingdoms are at war. Girl must save world. Girl saves world.
- Girl is on a mission and isn’t supposed to fall in love. Falls in love, anyway.
I was thinking about branching out from Sarah J. Maas’ world to venture into other fantasy, but it’s so difficult to keep up with multiple major series at once. I want to read everything. Now I’m hearing a bit of controversy surrounding Maas.
I promised a book review, but I’ll just do them by a month-to-month basis.
So far, my January reads are as follows:
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April G. T
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
- Everland by Wendy Spinale